Reporting to: Nursery Manager
Hours of duty: 40 hours a week
Main duties & tasks
- Cooking and preparing healthy and nutritious food in accordance with Grace’s Day Nursery menus.
Consult with the Nursery Manager regarding weekly menus.
Ensure that adequate supplies of food are stored in appropriate conditions.
To order weekly supply lists.
To be responsible for keeping the kitchen and all equipment clean and tidy.
To observe high standards of food hygiene during the preparation, cooking and serving of all food.
To be responsible for cleaning and defrosting fridge and freezers as necessary.
To participate in cooking activities with the children in agreement with Lead Practitioners.
To ensure that all safeguarding procedures are implemented at all times and carried out effectively with support.
To attend internal and external training as requested.
To be responsible for own professional development.
To attend monthly team meetings/training out of nursery hours as requested.
To liaise with external professionals, for example environmental health, where necessary.
To work as part of a team and support colleagues.
To liaise with your Line Manager
To undertake other reasonable duties as required by your Line Manager.
- To provide healthy and nutritious food for all children in accordance with the Food Trust guidance
- and in a way that supports the beliefs of Grace’s Day Nursery.
- To work in partnership with parents.
- To ensure the well -being of every child in Grace’s Day Nursery.
- To follow all policies and procedures of Grace’s Day Nursery.
- To work effectively as part of a team in a way that is consistent with the business values.
- Continuous Professional Development
- To support the implementation of Grace’s Day Nursery competency standards
Apply for this job.
If you are interested in applying for this position, please complete the application form below.