Reporting to: Lead Practitioner
Main duties & tasks
- To be a key person to a group of children.
- To interact and engage in play opportunities with children so that their progress is being encouraged in all areas of Learning and development.
- To carry out short term, medium term and long term planning for all key children on an individual basis in accordance with the EYFS.
- To make regular observations and keeping developmental records updated so that children’s progress can be monitored and assessed.
- To write developmental reports for key children.
- To liaise with parents and carers, ensuring close communication, both verbally and written is maintained.
- To ensure that the nursery environment is safe and that standards of hygiene are high.
- To complete accident and incident records.
- To ensure that all safeguarding procedures are implemented at all times and carried out effectively.
- To attend internal and external training as requested.
- To attend compulsory monthly team meetings two parents evenings a year.
- To attend training out of nursery hours as requested.
- To liaise with external professionals where necessary.
- To provide safe, high quality care and education for all children in accordance with the Early Years Foundation Stage and in a way that supports the beliefs of Grace’s Day Nursery.
- To encourage the participation and involvement of parents and carers in the nursery.
- To ensure the well -being of every child in Grace’s Day Nursery.
- To follow all policies and procedures of Grace’s Day Nursery.
- To work effectively as part of a team in a way that is consistent with the business values.
- Continuous Professional Development
Apply for this job.
If you are interested in applying for this position, please complete the application form below.