"...daily activities are all focused on the Early Years Foundation stages and we receive without fail a daily report on what they have done and learnt from cooking to reading, painting to singing and making crafts..."
What Can I Do As A Parent?
All the fun activities that you do with your child at home are important in supporting their learning and development, and have a really long lasting effect on your child’s learning as they progress through school.
Even when your child is very young and is not yet able to talk, talking to them helps them to learn and understand new words and ideas. If you make the time every day to do some of the following things with your child it will make a real difference to your child’s confidence as a young learner.
To find out more, take a look at our Frequently Asked Questions here.
Alternatively, you can get in touch using our Online Contact Form.
- Sing and tell nursery rhymes
- On a trip to the supermarket, talk about all the different packaging shapes
- Talk about the numbers, colours, words and letters you see when you are out and about
- Allow your child to cut out and stick pictures from magazines
- Cook / bake together
- Plant seeds or bulbs in a pot or garden patch
- Use the weather – shadows, rain puddles, snow, wind, mist and sun – to extend your child’s vocabulary
- Explore the park at a different time of the year – go off the beaten track
- Share a book
- Talk to your child at every opportunity – e.g. what you are doing that day
Click here for more information about the EYFS.